Kayla is an owner surrendered from Cancun. She is a 4-year-old, medium size, pure breed Xolo and weighs around 15 kg. Kayla lived all her life inside a room in a house with other dogs, she never got to see the outside world and so today she is very shy and afraid. We have her in a foster home where she got a little chunky and more trustful, she loves her foster mommy and started to protect the house! Kayla is social with other dogs and loves to play with them! Her new house will need to have other dogs her size or bigger cause once she is at peace she likes to play rough!
We will keep her as a long term foster to get to know her better, that we can find the perfect home for her!
Kayla is not yet sterilized or vetted. For applications please consider she will be available sometime at the beginning of 2024. As special requirements, due to her behavioral problems (not ever aggression, but extreme fear of new things), we ask for the following
- other dogs in the household, she likes playing
- no kids under 18yo
- someone who is at home most of the time as she can be anxious when left alone
- patience in the potty training process, she does not like leaving the house and therefore pees inside still
- Knowledge or experience with the breed would be ideal
- understanding her process will take time and patience