Donate Now – Every bit helps!
Annual Spay/Neuter Campaign Donations
The time has come to start planning our 10th annual Spay & Neuter Campaign in Rancho Viejo! Last year in November we sterilized 1624 animals and we are hoping to reach 1800 this year. The need is dear in the area and we are excited to be part of making a difference and finding a solution to the never-ending problem of abandoned dogs and strays. Spay and Neuter is the answer and we are ready for it! However, nothing is possible without your help and we are desperately trying to fundraise the money we need for this 2022 campaign.
PLEASE…. help us make it possible and be part of making a huge change in the lives of thousands of dogs in Mexico!
In 2019, we completed our 7th Annual Spay / Neuter Campaign in Rancho Viejo with a total of 1,847 animals that no longer are reproducing! In 2021, we did a smaller campaign in May, where we spayed and campaign neutered 851 cats and dogs, and a massive one in November, with a total of 1624 animals sterilized. These campaigns make a HUGE difference in the lives of many dogs and cats in Mexico and they are a step in the right direction of stopping the cycle of neglect and abandonment.
We cannot do this without your generous donations and support. Click here for more information and to make a donation. Together we can make a BIG DIFFERENCE!
One Time & Monthly Donations
Isla Animals is a 501C3 organization founded in 2001. We are 100% funded by donations and the generosity of unpaid volunteers. We have rescued over 6,000+ dogs since 2001 and are dedicated to decreasing the unwanted pet population on Isla Mujeres through on-going spay/neuter programs, education, vaccinations, and adoption.
Only with your help can this wonderful work continue.
Please consider a monthly donation, it’s easy to set up and Isla Animals has a pressing need for a budget that they can depend on. To set up a monthly donation, click the button below, enter your desired donation amount and check the “Make this recurring” box on the Paypal screen. You can also make a secure one-time donation by leaving the boxed unchecked.
We are always in need of basic supplies such as flea and tick medication & shampoo, collars, leashes, food, bowls, toys, etc. Medical supplies are in great demand as well as they lower our operating costs greatly thereby increasing the number of animals we can reach. See the list below for medical and non medical supplies we can use.
Be sure to visit our Wish List on Amazon.com
Medical Supplies Needed:
- Syringes 1 cc & 3 cc (SLIP lock & LUER lock)
- Surgical blades – #10
- Surgical gloves- STERILE- sizes 6 to 8
- The suture that we use has to be the best that we can get. These animals go back to the streets or into dirt, backyards where there is rarely any follow up care. If there is a problem with infection, these animals will suffer, so we are asking for the best suture material,
0-0 PDS, absorbable
2-O PDS, absorbable
3-O PDS, absorbable
The above sutures need a 1/2 curved cutting surgical suture needle
Reels of the same type of suture are also great, we can swag on our own needles.
- Surgical Instruments
- Spay hooks, all sizes
- Sterile drape, also anything made out of drape material that we can cut and sterilize
- Betadine hand scrub
- Sterile gauze
- IV sets – microdrip and macrodrip
- IV catheters – 20 guage, 22 guage, 24 guage
- Needles 18 – 25 gauge
- Triple antibiotic eye ointment
- Antibiotics: Injectable long acting amoxycillin, cephalexin, ketoconazole, doxycycline 100 ml. tabs
Non Medical Supplies Needed:
- Leashes and collars
- Food dishes
- Animal Vitamins – especially puppy vitamins or supplemental gels
- Eye drops
- Ear cleaner
- Ear Mite & Ear Fungus medicine
- Fungal cream
- Anti-biotic creams like neosporin
- Oster or Wahl Clippers
- Clipper blades #40
- Cotton balls
- Duct tape and tarps
- Cages – hard or soft for transporting animals as carry on
- Non-sterile gauze
- Walmart or Costco gift cards so we can buy the things we need that are not listed here
You can drop off supply donations at our shelter
in the Hacienda Mundaca Palapa in La Gloria,
every day from 10.30am – 4pm.